If you’re concerned about the presence of radon in your home, it’s important to invest in an air purifier specifically designed to tackle this issue. Radon is a colorless, odorless gas that can seep into buildings and pose a serious health risk.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best air purifiers available on the market that are capable of effectively removing radon, ensuring cleaner and safer air for you and your family.
1. Airthereal APH320 WiFi Air Purifier for Home
The Airthereal APH320 WiFi Air Purifier is an excellent choice for removing radon from your home. This purifier features a H13 True HEPA filter, UV-C light, and anion function to effectively eliminate allergens, dust, smoke, pollen, and radon.
With a high CADR rating of 188 CFM (320 m³/h), it can cover a room up to 800 sq ft. The smart auto mode adjusts the fan speed and air purification mode based on the air quality, ensuring optimal performance.
Plus, it offers convenient remote control via the Airia app on your phone.
- WiFi-enabled for easy control and monitoring
- High CADR rating for efficient air purification
- H13 True HEPA filter removes 99.97% of fine particles
- UV-C light needs to be manually activated
- May be too large for smaller rooms
- Does not include a night light feature
2. MOOKA Air Purifiers for Home Large Room up to 1076ft²
The MOOKA Air Purifiers B-D02L is specifically designed for large rooms up to 1076 sq ft. With its H13 True HEPA filter and high-efficiency activated carbon filter, it effectively captures pet dander, dust, smoke, pollen, and radon.
This purifier operates quietly at only 20dB in sleep mode, ensuring a peaceful environment. It also offers 4 fan modes, 4 timer settings, and a night light feature. The child lock function provides added safety and peace of mind.
- Suitable for large rooms up to 1076 sq ft
- Low noise level for undisturbed sleep and work
- Multiple fan modes and timer settings for customization
- Replacement filters need to be purchased separately
- May not fit well in smaller spaces
- Does not include a UV-C light feature
3. Dreo Air Purifiers Macro Pro
The Dreo Air Purifiers Macro Pro is a trusted option for tackling radon in your home. This purifier has been recognized by leading authorities for its exceptional cleaning efficiency and air quality improvement.
With a coverage of up to 1358 sq ft, it is perfect for larger rooms. The 360° air intake system and TurboPure technology ensure rapid and thorough air purification.
The quiet operation at 20dB in sleep mode makes it suitable for bedrooms and offices.
- Recognized by esteemed authorities for air quality improvement
- Large coverage area for effective purification
- TurboPure technology for fast and thorough cleaning
- Does not include an anion function
- Filters may need to be replaced more frequently
- Lacks a night light feature
4. Ivation Ozone Generator Air Purifier
For those looking for an ozone-based solution, the Ivation Ozone Generator Air Purifier is a great option. While it doesn’t meet California air cleaner regulations, it efficiently freshens and purifies spaces up to 3,500 sq ft.
With its powerful ion energy and beneficial ozone generation, it effectively removes odors, dust, pollen, and radon. The elegant design and durable construction ensure long-lasting performance.
- Powerful ozone generation for effective odor removal
- Covers a large area up to 3,500 sq ft
- Attractive design with durable construction
- Not compliant with California regulations
- May create concerns for those sensitive to ozone
- Does not include a true HEPA filter
5. AZEUS Air Purifier for Home Allergies Pets Hair in Bedroom
The AZEUS Air Purifier is an excellent choice for removing radon and other pollutants from bedrooms and large rooms up to 528 sq ft. With its true HEPA technology, it effectively filters dust, pollen, smoke, mold spores, and pet dander.
This purifier offers 4 fan speeds, a sleep mode for peaceful rest, and a night light that can be turned off. It comes with a full-replacement guarantee and is fully certified for safe use.
- Large coverage area up to 528 sq ft
- Various fan speeds for customized purification
- Certified safe for use in California and the US
- Replacement filters may need to be purchased more frequently
- Night light cannot be adjusted for brightness
- Does not include an ionization function
When it comes to selecting the best air purifier to remove radon, you have several excellent options available.
Whether you prefer a purifier with HEPA filtration, UV-C light, ozone generation, or a combination of features, there’s a model to suit your needs.
From the Airthereal APH320 with its WiFi connectivity to the AZEUS Air Purifier with its wide coverage area, each product offers unique benefits.
Consider your room size, specific requirements, and budget to choose the best air purifier for your home. With any of these air purifiers, you can ensure cleaner and safer air for you and your loved ones – the best air purifier to remove radon.
What is radon and why is it a health concern?
Radon is a radioactive gas that occurs naturally in the environment. It is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, making it difficult to detect without proper testing. Prolonged exposure to high levels of radon can increase the risk of lung cancer.
How does an air purifier remove radon from the air?
An air purifier removes radon from the air by using various technologies such as HEPA filtration, activated carbon filters, UV-C light, and anion functions.
These features help capture and neutralize radon particles, ensuring cleaner and safer indoor air.
Is it necessary to have a dedicated air purifier to remove radon?
While some air purifiers are specifically designed to target radon, any high-quality air purifier with HEPA filtration and appropriate technologies can help remove radon from the air.
However, it’s important to ensure that the purifier you choose is capable of handling radon effectively.